I get tons of questions everyday, and I love answering them! I love talking to you guys and I love that I can talk to people that 100% understand what I’m going through. I made this to answer the basics. This in no way means that I will stop answering questions. I actually love getting questions and comments.
1) What do you use to take insulin?
- I have a purple Medtronic Minimed Paradigm Revel! And I love it!
2) When were you diagnosed?
- July 22, 2011
3) Does diabetes run in your family?
- Not type 1. Type 2 somewhat runs in my family. Both of my grandfathers have type 2 and my dad is pre-diabetic.
4) How old are you?
- I turned 17 September 9th
5) Do you wear a medical ID? What does it look like?
- I actually have 3. I know, I over-did it. But I got 2 for my birthday (one from my mom’s parents and one from my dad’s parents), and my parents gave me one. One of them is blue and white with a metal anchor in the middle, the one I usually wear is a leather braid, and I also have a teal one with a bronze flower. I got them from Lauren’s Hope.
6) What meter do you use?
- I have a OneTouch UltraLink that is linked to my pump.
7) What do you use to treat a low?
- Mostly juice. I have a lot of glucose tabs, but I never feel like eating them when I’m low.
8) Do you like diabetic jokes?
- Depends. Dumb jokes like “Oh he ate 20 candy bars and now he’s diabetic blah blah blah” no. That’s not cool. At all. But my friends tease me about shooting up and juice and stuff and I think it’s funny. Basically, if it’s a joke based on actual facts, I think it’s funny. Jokes based on stupidity, no.
9) Do you have a Facebook/Twitter/Personal Tumblr?
- Yes to all three. I decided that I am not going to share my Facebook on the internet though. I guess if you really wanted to find me it wouldn’t be that hard. I don’t know. If you figure it out, cool. You are more than welcome to add me or message me. If not, oh well.
Personal Tumblr: http://g-l-i-t-t-e-r-andrain.tumblr.com/