I decided that I’m only going to post on here when my life has some kind of significant diabetic moment.
So I was asked to prom today by my friend, and I’m super excited! But now I have to find a dress. Before I had a date and didn’t even know if I was going, I decided I wanted to have a dress that hid my pump. My friends love diabetic jokes, as do I. They’re pretty funny. But I’ve found that instead of being known as Sarah, I’m known as the diabetic girl. And its starting to strike a nerve. I am more than that. I am more than my diabetes. So I decided I wanted one night where no one could see my pump. The first thing they would see would be me and not my pump. Yeah, it’s not a perfect idea, because I’m still diabetic, but it’s the best I can do with the situation.
I wore a dress to school today. A lot of people told me I looked pretty and they liked my dress….. After they laughed about my pump sticking out.
- insulineaddict reblogged this from diabetic-diary and added:
- insulineaddict likes this
- sincerely-molly said: I had a pump when I went to my senior prom. Have you thought about a garter? I had my site on my tummy and clipped the pump to the garter on my leg.
- alt0151 reblogged this from diabetic-diary and added:
- misskatiejoyce said: Girl I know exactly how you feel. People are jerks and sometimes they just need a good punch in the mouth. ;) I dont know if you’ve tried this, but I used to hook my pump on the inside of my shorts/underwear so its not as lumpy and it doesnt bounce!
- onelasttoday said: On my wedding dress and pageant dresses I had pockets in them! So handy! You can pull out your pump tps bolus, and put it right back in the pocket. My wedding dress had an empire waist with pleats kind of, and hidden pockets. So all I did was cut out a tiny hole in the…
- lightbemy-guide likes this
- diabetic-diary posted this